City of Faith is equipping men as patriarchs...
The mission of the Men's Ministry at City Of Faith Church is to provide men with the resources to develop a godly character and help equip them to influence their world for Jesus Christ.
There are three stages to becoming a patriarch:
STEP 1: BOY - a boy is just born a male. He hasn't learned the intricacies of responsibility and yet to be responsible for othes within his household. At this stage, he merely understand the definition of what being a male is. He learns how to COVER HIMSELF.
STEP 2: MAN - a man learns how to take responsibility for his decision-making and his household. He learns the responsibility of raising his children, partnering with his wife (if applicable), and creates a legacy within his own home. He COVERS HIS HOUSHOLD.
STEP 3: PATRIARCH - a patriarch takes responsibility for his community and future generations. Here he has a conviction to engage in social and community impact and change systems of oppression and inequity. He COVERS HIS COMMUNITY/GENERATION.
Purpose of men's ministry:
- To bring men into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- To unite men in Bible study, prayer, ministry, fellowship, and accountability
- To become a supportive environment that touches the lives of the entire family
- To promote mentoring opportunities that lead to significant vital relationships
- To become a magnet for service and a resource for other church ministries and missions.
- To provide a series of events that will promote brotherhood with a common purpose